Our research will focus to understand the genetic basis of certain common disease affecting human population. Using genome wide association studies (GWAS) and other omics (genomics and transcriptomics) as well as genome editing technologies we would be identifying specific risk alleles present in coding or non-coding regions (regulatory regions). The impact of this study will thereby provide pipelines for functionally identifying causal regulatory SNPs (and regulatory elements) of complex diseases. This will be of enormous benefit for a confident diagnosis, establishing personalized treatment options, and also surveillance for the high-risk patients and their relatives.
In an other study I will be working to understand the systems genetics of sleep using Drosophila melanogaster as a model system where I would like to develop the relationship between gut microbiome and immune response with sleep in Drosophila.
- 2021, Fellows Award for Research Excellence (FARE 2022), National Institute of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
- 2017, Postdoctoral Travel award (Award of $500) from Cornell University attend Sperm Biology Meeting held at Sheffield, UK
- 2014-2015, Senior Research Fellowship from University Grants Commission Research Fellowship in Science for Meritorious Students
- 2012-2014, Junior Research Fellowship from University Grants Commission Research Fellowship in Science for Meritorious Students
- 2011, Qualified GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
- 2011-2012, Graduate Research Fellowship, Banaras Hindu University, India
- 2010, Honorable Mention in Brain Awareness Week, Banaras Hindu University, India
Society Service and Memberships:
Indian Society of Cell Biology, Genetics Society of America, Society for the Study of Evolution, Society of Molecular Biology and Evolution, Animal Behavior Society
Editorial and Peer Review Services:
Review Editor in Frontiers in Insects Science, Frontiers in Endocrinology, Frontiers in Physiology (special section on Reproduction)
Reviewer in journals such as Veterinary Sciences, Advances in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, STAR Protocols, Journal of Clinical Medicine, Animals, Genes, Biology, Cells, Insects, Life, Scientific Reports, Medicina, Journal of Personalized Medicine, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, Medical Research Archives, Journal of Scientific Research Reports, Asian Journal of Research in Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology, Plant Cell Biotechnology and Molecular Biology