Adler, J., Mwadzaangati, L. & Takker, S. (2023). From defining as assertion to defining as explaining meaning:
teachers' learning through theory-informed lesson study. International Journal for Lesson and Learning Studies,
12(1), 38-51. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJLLS-02-2022-0029
- Takker, S., & Pournara, C. (2022). Knowledge demands placed on mathematics teachers by textbooks: Case of
fractions. Asian Journal for Mathematics Education, 1(3), 285-305. https://doi.org/10.1177/27527263221111569
- Takker, S. (2022). Making the structure visible: Using numeric equations to introduce algebraic equations,
and Teaching Mathematics, 33, 10-14.
- Pournara, C., Sanders, Y., & Takker, S. (2022). Learners’ errors with linear equations – and how to solve
Learning and Teaching Mathematics, 32, pp. 3-9. https://hdl.handle.net/10520/ejc-amesal_v2022_n32_a2
- Ratnayake, I., Takker, S., & Pournara, C. (2021). Breaking down and building up: Adapting diagrams to
geometric reasoning. Learning and Teaching Mathematics, 31, pp. 10-15. https://hdl.handle.net/10520/ejc-amesal_v2021_n31_a3
- Takker, S., Masondo, W., & Pournara, C. (2021). Decompression and re-representation: Key ideas in teaching
exponents. Learning and Teaching Mathematics,30, pp. 16-22. https://hdl.handle.net/10520/ejc-amesal-v2021-n30-a4
Takker, S., & Subramaniam, K. (2019). Knowledge demands in teaching decimal numbers. Journal of Mathematics
Education, 22(3), pp. 257-280. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10857-017-9393-z
Takker, S., & Subramaniam, K. (2018). Teacher Knowledge and Learning In-situ: A Case Study of the Long Division
Algorithm. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 43(3), pp. 1-20. Retrieved from http://ro.ecu.edu.au/ajte/vol43/iss3/1
Takker, S. & Khunyakari, R. (2015). Re-imagining classrooms as spaces for learning of teachers and teacher
educators, Voices of Teachers, and Teacher Educators, 4(2), pp. 47-53. Delhi: NCTE, MHRD. https://ncert.nic.in/pdf/publication/journalsandperiodicals/vtte/Voices_Feb_18.pdf
Takker, S. (2011). Reformed Curriculum Framework: Insights from Teachers’ Perspectives. Journal of Mathematics
Education at Teachers College, Mathematics Curriculum Issue, 2(1), pp. 34-39. https://doi.org/10.7916/jmetc.v2i1.703
Takker, S. & Ramchand, M. (2023). The burden on teacher education. In M. Ramchand, R. Khunyakari & A. Bose (Eds.), Learning without Burden - A quarter of a century after the Yashpal Committee Report: Where are we and what have we learnt? (pp. 57-82). Routledge Taylor and Francis Group.
Takker, S. (2022). Teachers’ voices on the National Curriculum Framework 2005. In D. Nawani, N. Manjrekar, R. Paliwal & R. Shevade (Eds.), Reflections on Educational Practice: Thematic Studies on Teaching Profession, TLM, Curriculum and Assessment (pp. 105-123). Eklavya Foundation: India.
Takker, S. (2012). Using classroom-based tasks as contexts for reflection and situating teacher learning. In P. L. Sharma & C. G. V. Murthy (Eds.) Readings in Teacher Education: Preparation and Professional Development (pp. 239-258). Mysore: Regional Institute of Education, NCERT.
- Takker, S. (2020). Using mathematical knowticing to impact practice. Teacher Plus.
- Takker, S. (2020). Developing knowticing among mathematics teachers. Teacher Plus, May-June Issue, Azim Premji
University. pp. 29-31.
Takker, S. (2019). Understanding learners’ thinking through an analysis of errors. At Right Angles, Azim Premji
University. pp. 38-44.
Khunyakari, R. & Takker, S. (2017). Challenging the notion of confined classrooms: Thinking of education beyond
textbooks. The New Leam, Vol. III, No. 22-23, March-April Issue, pp. 23-27.
Takker, S. & Khunyakari, R. (2016). Reimagining the learning landscape. Teacher Plus, 14(2), pp. 42-45.
D’Souza, R. & Takker, S. (2014). Learning mathematics through puzzles: No solution is also a good solution. At Right
Angles, 3(2), pp. 18-22.
Takker, S., Pournara, C, & Ratnayake, I. (2023). Design research short teaching interventions and numeric equations: What promise do they hold for improving teaching and learning of equations? In C. H. Stevenson-Milln (Eds.) Intersecting Research, Policy and Practice for a Sustainable Praxis in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education: New possibilities and directions for the post-COVID-19 Pandemic Era: Proceedings of the 31st Annual Conference of the Southern African Association for Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, pp. 152-156, Jan 17-19, South Africa: University of Free State, Bloemfontein.
- Takker, S., Ratnayake, I., Pournara, C., & Adler, J. (2022). Framework for analysing secondary mathematics teachers’ development of geometric reasoning. In C. Fernandez, S. Llinares, A. Gutirrez, & N. Planas (eds.) Proceedings of the 45th Conference of the International group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, Vol. 4, pp. 83-90, July 18-23, Spain: Universidad de Alicante.
- Mwadzaangati, L., Takker, S., & Adler, J. (2022). Teacher learning about exemplification in geometry through lesson study. In C. Fernandez, S. Llinares, A. Gutirrez, & N. Planas (eds.) Proceedings of the 45th Conference of the International group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, Vol. 3, pp. 219-226, July 18-23, Spain: Universidad de Alicante.
- Pournara, C., & Takker, S. (2022). Numeric equations: A key step in solving the equation problem. In D. Chari & A. Gupta (eds.) Proceedings of Episteme 9: International Conference to Review Research in Science, Technology and Mathematics Education, July 04-08, pp. 362-369, India: Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
- Takker, S., Mwadzaangati, L., & Adler, J. (2022). Teachers’ knowledge of students’ thinking inferred from lesson plans in lesson study. In D. Chari & A. Gupta (eds.) Proceedings of Episteme 9: International Conference to Review Research in Science, Technology and Mathematics Education, July 04-08, pp. 397-405, India: Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
- Ratnayake, I., Takker, S., Pournara, C., & Adler, J. (2022). Developing tools to analyse teachers’ mathematical knowledge for teaching basic geometry. 12th Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education (CERME12), Bolzano, Italy, 02 – 05 Feb 2022.
- Pournara, C., Adler, J., Takker, S., Mwadzaangaati, L., Ratnayake, I., & Planas, N. (2022). A framework for promoting geometric reasoning: Rationale, constitutive elements and initial applications. 30th Conference of the Southern African Association for Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education (SAARMSTE), South Africa, 18 – 20 Jan, 2022.
- Takker, S., Masondo, W. & Pournara, C. (2021). Using decompression and re-representation in constructing examples for exponents. In Z. Jojo & M. D. Plooy (Eds.), Proceedings of 26th Annual National Congress of the Association for Mathematics Education of South Africa: Developing Equitable Mathematical Teaching and Learning Practices that Empower Teachers and Learners in the 4IR Era. Vol. 2, pp. 100-104.
- Takker. S. & Subramaniam, K. (2021). Contingent moments in teacher-researcher collaboration. International Congress on Mathematics Education ICME 14.
Takker, S. (2018). Knowledge demands placed on a mathematics teacher learning to teach responsively. In S. Ladage & S. Narvekar (Eds.), Proceedings of epiSTEME7: Seventh International Conference to Review Research on Science, Technology, and Mathematics Education, pp. 323-331, India: Cinnamon Teal.
- Takker, S. (2017). Challenges in dealing with social justice concerns in mathematics classrooms. In A. Chronaki (Eds.), Proceedings of the Ninth International Mathematics Education and Society Conference, pp. 936- 945, Volos: Greece
- Takker, S. (2017). Developing noticing in middle school mathematics teachers. Proceedings of Eighth Comparative Education Society International Conference: Criticality, Empathy and Welfare in Contemporary Educational Discourses, November 16-18, Jammu University.Takker, S. & Subramaniam, K. (2016). Changing teacher knowledge-in-practice: A case of decimal fractions. Proceedings of Thirteenth International Congress on Mathematics Education, Hamburg: Germany.
Takker, S. (2016). Evolution of a professional learning space for mathematics teachers and researchers. In Proceedings of Seventh Annual International Comparative Education Society of India: Comparative Educational Destinies: Visions, Dilemmas and Challenges hosted by S.V. University, Tirupati, Nov 19-21.
- Takker, S. (2015). Confluence of Research and Teaching: Case Study of a Mathematics Teacher. In K. Krainer & N. Vondrova (Eds.), Proceedings of the Ninth Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education. pp. 3269-3275, Prague: Czech Republic.
- Takker, S. (2015). Bridging the Gap Between Research & Teaching Through Sensitive Research Methodologies. Paper presented at Fifth Annual International Comparative Education Society of India on the theme Education, Politics and Social Change, Delhi University, Delhi: India, November 16-18, 2015.
Takker, S., Kanhere, A., Naik, S. & Subramaniam, K. (2013). From Relational Reasoning to Generalisation through tasks on number sentences. In Nagarjuna, G., Jamakhandi, A. & Sam, E. (eds.), Proceedings of epiSTEME 5: International Conference to Review Research in Science, Technology and Mathematics Education. pp. 336-342. HBCSE, India: Cinnamonteal.
Takker, S. & Subramaniam, K. (2012). Teacher’s Knowledge of and Responses to Students’ Thinking. In Proceedings of 12th International Congress on Mathematics Education. pp.4906-4915. Seoul: South Korea.
Takker, S. & Subramaniam, K. (2011). Potential of Classroom-based Tasks for Eliciting Teachers’ Knowledge about Students’ Mathematics. Paper presented at National Initiative on Mathematics Education, Western Regional Conference, IISER, Pune, India. December 26-28, 2011.