Junior Research Fellow (JRF) – Soft Exoskeleton Development
Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Number of Openings: 2
Project Duration: 1 Year
Location: Mahindra University, Hyderabad, India
Department: Ecole Centrale School of Engineering – Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Salary: Competitive, in line with Government of India (GOI) Standards
Project Funding: Funded by IHFC IIT Delhi, through the Government of India’s Department of Science and Technology (DST)
Mahindra University’s Centre for Robotics, located in Hyderabad, India, is a hub of innovation in advanced robotics research. We are embarking on an exciting project, supported by IHFC IIT Delhi and the Government of India’s DST, with the goal of developing a cutting-edge soft exoskeleton for upper limb rehabilitation and daily assistance.
We are in search of two motivated Junior Research Fellows (JRF) to become part of our dynamic team. As a JRF, you will be at the forefront of innovative research in soft exoskeleton development. Your role will involve designing, developing, and implementing novel control strategies for upper limb rehabilitation, with a specific emphasis on the hand and elbow joints. Collaboration with clinical partners and the use of rapid prototyping techniques will be essential components of your work.
- Create and fabricate a wearable soft exoskeleton, prioritizing user mobility while maintaining compatibility with the human limb.
- Contribute to the development of a robust control architecture for the exoskeleton, enabling targeted motion assistance.
- Investigate a range of control strategies, including force and velocity fields, admittance and impedance control, and resistive and assistive fields in three-dimensional space.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Tech degree with a background or expertise in Robotics, Mechatronics, Controls, Electronics, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficiency in C++, Python, and Embedded C.
- Experience with AutoDesk Inventor or CATIA.
- Hands-on experience with hardware platforms such as Nvidia Jetson Nano, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc.
- Familiarity with Matlab, Simulink, Simscape, and similar toolboxes.
- Strong knowledge of robot control and programming.
- Previous hands-on experience in building robotic systems, signal processing, EMG sensors
Desired Skills (a plus):
- Strong proficiency in the English language.
- Prior experience with torque sensors.
- Familiarity with exoskeleton devices.
- Understanding of human biomechanics.
- A track record of publications showcasing expertise in the field or relevant industrial experience.
What You Will Gain:
As a JRF, you will have the opportunity to:
- Independently design and analyze control requirements for complex upper limb exoskeletons.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and clinicians, gaining invaluable real-world experience.
- Contribute to pushing the boundaries of current technology, surpassing the capabilities of existing devices in the field.
- Possibility to covert to PhD position (deserving candidates)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to e-mail their applications, which should include a CV, the names and contact information of two referees, and a cover letter, to Mr. Anil Kadali ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) via email. Please use the subject line “JRF Application – IHFC Robotics” when applying.
For More Information:
For inquiries related to the position and the project, please contact:
Dr. Deep Seth (Deep.Seth@mahindrauniversity.edu.in)
Dr. Sanjeevi Nakka (Sanjeevi.email@example.com)
For Institute and Application-related Information, please reach out to Mr. Anil Kadali (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Join us in advancing the field of robotics and making a meaningful impact in the realms of rehabilitation and assistive technology. We eagerly await the addition of passionate and dedicated individuals to our vibrant research team at Mahindra University.