Discover Your Eligibility for B.Tech. Biotechnology and Kickstart Your Career
Biotechnology is a tremendously growing area that amalgamates biology and technology to create new products and processes for several industries. Pursuing a B.Tech. in Biotechnology can be an outstanding career option for individuals passionate about the field and interested in making a difference in society.
However, not everyone is eligible for this advanced B.Tech. Biotechnology course. Different institutes may have different eligibility for B.Tech. Biotechnology. Therefore, it is vital for individuals to research and understand the specific eligibility requirements of the institute they are interested in applying to. In this article, we will explore the eligibility for B.Tech. Biotechnology, the admission process, the entrance exam and the course fee.
How to Apply for B.Tech. Biotechnology?
By following these vital steps, you can successfully apply for a B.Tech. Biotechnology course at your preferred institute and take the first step towards a promising career in this exciting area. Here are a few significant steps that can guide you through the application process for the course:
- Research Institutes: The first and foremost step is to research the institutes that offer B.Tech. Biotechnology programmes. You can visit the institute’s official websites and gather information about their B.Tech. Biotechnology admission criteria and course curriculum.
- Check eligibility criteria: Make sure you fulfil the eligibility for the B.Tech. Biotechnology programme, which usually requires applicants to have completed their 10+2 with a rigid background in the science stream. Some institutes may also require applicants to possess a minimum aggregate score in their 10+2 board or a related entrance exam like JEE Main or NEET.
- Fill out the application form: Once you have finalized the institute, you will have to fill out its application form on the respective institute website.
- Submit required documents: Along with the application form, you will have to submit supporting documents.
- Attend counselling/interviews: The shortlisted applicants may be required to attend counselling or interviews as part of the process.
- Pay application fee: After selection, the selected candidates need to submit the admission fee to secure a spot in the course. The B.Tech. Biotechnology fee structure can significantly vary on the type of institute. The average fee for the best B.Tech. Biotechnology colleges in India can range from INR 50,000 to INR INR 5,00,000 per year, depending upon the institute. Additionally, many institutes offer scholarships for B.Tech. Biotechnology students or financial aid based on their academic performance and other criteria.
Does Biotechnology require NEET or JEE?
The undergraduate Biotechnology courses, including B.Tech. Biotechnology, do not compulsorily require NEET or JEE scores for admission. However, some institutes may conduct their own entrance examinations for admission into the course.
Fulfil Your Biotech Dreams with a Revolutionary B.Tech in Biotechnology Programme at Mahindra University
The Ecole Centrale School of Engineering, Mahindra University, Hyderabad, imparts a four-year B.Tech in Biotechnology programme in partnership with the École Central Group of Institutions of France. This fully residential programme aims at creating engineers with the unique competency to adapt to complex global engineering challenges and adopt cutting-edge technologies that would assist future engineers in making a positive impact on society.
Some Core Technical Competencies of the Programme
- Omics technologies, novel applications of gene/ genome sequencing in diverse biotech domains.
- Gene cloning, CRISPR, genome editing, genetic disorders, gene silencing, gene therapy, transgenic plants and animals.
- Genomics of genetic disorders, cell therapy, the discovery of novel drug targets, and drug delivery technologies.
- Lab-on-a-chip, i.e. militarized labs for rapid testing in biopharma drug screening and disease modelling, paper-based microfluidics for diagnostics, facilitating point-of-care diagnosis.
- Biomaterials, cell cultures, food and beverages, the recombinant production of medical products & therapies, speciality chemicals, ML in automation, fermentation, and precision biomanufacturing.
- Tissue grafts to treat burns, regenerative medicine, organ transplanting, cultured meat, etc.
- Medical scans, drug discovery, biomarkers, literature mining, decision support in digital agritech, and image classification for rapid detection.
The B.Tech. Biotechnology programme, sponsored by Mahindra Educational Institutions, a subsidiary of Tech Mahindra, the flagship IT company of the Mahindra Group, Mahindra University, has the purpose of educating future leaders for a better world.
B.Tech. Biotechnology degree can open exciting endless opportunities for you in various industries, including agriculture, healthcare, and environmental sciences. However, admission to the best B.Tech. Biotechnology college can be an overwhelming task for students. Therefore, students are suggested to pursue comprehensive research about the eligibility for B.Tech. Biotechnology to secure admission. So, if you have a drive to make an impact on society, B.Tech. Biotechnology may be the perfect career path for you.